Monday, May 5, 2008

First Shot


Today I took my first big dose of medications for suppression:

List of medications ingested this AM and why I take them:
Aspirin 81mg (aka Baby aspirin) Bet ya didn't know it was the correct dose for making babies (corny joke sorry!) - reduced inflammation and improved blood low to uterus
Birth Control pill - to suppress ovarian function
Folic Acid - so that I can get my stores up and don't have a baby with spina bifida
Prenatal vitamin - this has folic acid as well but only 400 mcg and I think I should have at least 800 mcg a day
Doxycycline 100 mg - to eliminate any germs that magically would have been transmitted into my body

Tonight I gave myself my first Lupron shot in the belly! This is with a TINY insulin needle so it doesn't hurt at all.

I barely even felt it and it went well. Small little spot of blood came out and quickly dried up.

I also have to take a Dexamethasone tablet tonight and another dose of Doxycycline tonight

Tom will take Doxycycline twice today too.

They actually have a checklist which is helpful for we OCD people!

I feel like I need to get one of those pill dispenser plastic things that old people use for their numerous medications!

The cats dutifully watched in awe!

2 comments:

Kendra Joy said...

And so this stage begins. Is that an OHSU t-shirt you're wearing? Did you wear it to bring out the best in the medicines? Ok, bad joke; must run in the family. (as does the OCD, apparently.) :) Best of luck on this new medicine plan!

Ally said...

Here here on the OCD comment. Right before I read that sentence, I was thinking of the spreadsheet that I would develop...