Thursday, May 22, 2008

Overachiever

Today I had my second ultrasound to check the progress of the stimulation. After Tuesday I had high hopes for the progress of my ovaries.

And my ovaries stepped up to the challenge. Not happy to accept any blame for this infertility issue, they have developed huge follicles. I am on the verge of being too good. They have cut my evening dose of stimulation medication (the expensive one will go mostly unused I am afraid).

And on to another ultrasound tomorrow. They cannot give the "trigger shot" to make the ovaries release the follicles until at least day 8 of stimulation (Saturday), but it looks like that will be the most likely day to do the shot. Which means retrieval will be Memorial Day! What is even nicer than having retrieval on a holiday is that the embryo transfer would then be on Saturday so my 36 hours of bed rest will be on a weekend! Oh well, so much for my days off from work but at least the clinic schedule won't be too disrupted.

Tomorrow repeat ultrasound and blood work - oh yeah, did I mention my estrogen levels more than doubled since Tuesday?

All is well, except my ovaries feel swollen. It is a strange feeling, not really like gas but almost like something egg shaped may be swollen to three times it's normal size and suspended in my abdomen by a small ligament. Yup pretty much like that. No jumping they said but even walking and sitting feels a little bit weird!

The next step is coming soon. Exciting to think about having a possible positive pregnancy test within a couple of weeks!

1 comment:

Ally said...

Kir, I didn't realize about the 36 hours of best rest! I could have sent you some good books or something...