Monday, May 25, 2009

Induction Part Duex

So as I write we are about an hour and a half away from our second attempt at going in for induction. Our original induction scheduled for Friday 1201 AM (May 22nd) was cancelled due to the hospital being too full of women already in labor - come on ;-).....So we got the next day that coincides with my friend/OB being on call which is tonight induction and she is on tomorrow! I called earlier to make sure that they have me still on the schedule. Yes. And at that time they were looking okay but you never know in the wacky wild world of OB what may happen. We will leave here at about 1140 PM for our 1201 induction. Tonight has been a good night of contractions. It is my due date today. This baby will now be a gemini like his mom AND dad - not that I place much worth in that but just an interesting fact.

Mom and dad have been here since Induction: Part I. We have been trying to keep busy. Friday, mom and I went shopping while dad and Tom got some things done around the house. Saturday we went to the Portland Farmer's Market and got some fresh strawberries and rhubarb, tomatoes, morel mushrooms and herbs for a small planter that I am placing on the back deck. We then went to Salem to help my brother NIck and his partner Keith with their new place. Only dad had clothes for this so mostly mom, Tom and I went to Home Depot to help Keith get some stuff and then sat on the deck and enjoyed the weather. We had some good Japanese food in Salem before heading back to Portland. Sunday was the zoo with my brother Jeremy and his family and then BBQ after at his mother-in-law's place. Yummy foods! Today, some housework, changed over the closet from pregnant winter clothes to mostly normal summer clothes with some pregnant clothes left as well. Also got some good knitting done, did some final shopping and checked the packing job for the hospital for the 100th time.

I am ready!!!!!



The charge nurse I spoke to earlier said they would call if anything changed and we get bumped again. I think I may cry if this happens - or just not answer my phone and go to the hospital anyway and just sit there waiting for a room!

I am ready to see monkey. I am ready to hold monkey. I am ready to paste pictures of monkey all over my blog and facebook. It is my due date. I feel zero guilt about augmenting labor or possible need for epidural (nothing against all you natural delivery mommies but nothing about how this pregnancy started was natural so I am not expecting it's end to be either for some reason!). I have had a good pregnancy, I gained less than 25 pounds (just barely) which was my goal. I have walked and stayed active and eaten well. I am ready to start being a mommy and since it is now three years since we first started trying to get pregnant - IT IS MY TURN!!!!

So I will go take a shower now and get as clean as I can for the upcoming physical challenge!

1 comment:

Kendra Joy said...

You crack me up. But I agree, it's YOUR turn dang it!! It sounds like you had an enjoyable weekend, though, even if you didn't get to meet Monkey.