Sunday, April 5, 2009

Forecasting

So this morning I am sitting in bed in my PJs while the sun shines outside thinking about how life will change in a couple of months. I wanted to sleep in this AM, but cats awakened me at 830. This is about as long as they can go without being "starved" in the morning as on weekdays I feed them closer to 730 when I leave in the morning for work. Somehow, I think both of those times will become sleeping in. I don't mind the mornings so much, but I have a feeling that Tom (who is still asleep at 1030) will find this a big change! I know that Monkey will not like to be kept waiting to eat either and even this AM has been up kicking and punching already, preventing me from going back to sleep. It will just be a lot more fun when I can load him up in the stroller and go for a nice morning walk rather than talk to him through a bunch of skin and amniotic fluid!

My new favorite thing to do is to walk into Monkey's room and just stand or sit and look at the nursery. He will usually oblige with a kick or two. How fun it will be to have an actual baby to put in the nursery! How odd also and I am looking forward to moving out of the surreal into the reality of it. I am trying to be patient with my 7 weeks and 2 days left ;-)

We are also still trying to figure out a plan for moving. This house will be fine for a little bit but there are parts of it that do not translate well into a family of three. I have a feeling that the back yard which is a common area will need to be more accessible if we stay here so a set of stairs off the back deck will need to be constructed. I would also like to have some room for family and friends to visit. We found a great place in Multnomah Village but it didn't work out right now. We have a looked at a couple of others but still feel like we may just be looking a little too soon and that moving and having to shift our finances around when maternity leave and baby are on the horizon is maybe not the most stressless venture!


I am glad to be feeling well! I know people who are pregnant and due around me that are on bed rest or having to given themselves shots and that would certainly not be very fun. A little discomfort when I first stand up and getting more easily tired are good things that are just reminders that I need to slow down and take it more easy.

It will be interesting to see what new challenges come our way with this little one. I will be excited for everyone to know his name - we have decided on a name that we are about 99% sure we will use but are not really telling anyone yet! I will also be excited to see him. The ultrasound pics are nice but not as good as the real thing!

I think I'm going to wake up my husband now and think of something nice to do today to enjoy the warm, sunny Northwest spring day!

1 comment:

Ally said...

I remember going into Eleanor's nursery and rocking in the chair before she was born. It is hard to imagine how much life changes when the baby arrives. Mostly good changes! :)