Saturday, December 6, 2008

Getting bigger

Our last visit was on Wednesday. Just a quick check and normally we wouldn't get to see squiggly at all but my friend brought in the ultrasound for a quick look even though she was running behind on her schedule. We got to see hands and feet and arms and legs and head and lots more bones are calcified. She tried to get a shot of the crotch and actually squiggly tried to comply but it was too grainy to see if there are boy parts or girl parts. Our next visit will be Christmas Eve and our big ultrasound where they look at all of the organs (and maybe an extra organ) will be the day after Christmas.

My closet has been completely decimated. I cleared out most of the clothes because they aren't fitting anyway and then got a couple of bella bands from my friend so I could salvage at least a couple pairs of pants. Most helpful was going shopping with my sis over Thanksgiving. Where do you find Maternity Clothes in Grants Pass? Ross Dress for Less! They had several pairs of jeans and a pair of dress pants and a few shirts. I got three pants and two shirts and a new bra and all for less than I likely would have paid for one outfit at a maternity store! Now I am set. I still haven't gained much weight (maybe 2-3 pounds) but things have moved and my lower abdomen is no longer slender enough for low rise pants.

I am starting to tell some of my patients. WE are getting to the point that the ones who are coming in for 5-6 month follow-ups would find that I am not here. Bizarre. Only that little amount of time until we will be able to see squiggly. I still can't wait to feel movement and that hasn't happened yet. I think my uterus is tilted backwards so as to avoid me being able to feel it well in the belly. But, I am reassured by the growth and the recent brief peek.

I am also NESTING! WE just had carpet in the living room and tile in the extra bedroom placed this week! The storage unit is getting some use from stuff I needed out of the way to make some room for squiggly. I don't think I am going to start with the nursery until I am closer to 24 weeks (minimum viability time), but I have some plans!

We are having a Christmas party for my office at my house so we will see if all of those people can fit in my house!

WE didn't get any pics this time so I no more ultrasound pics to show yet but next time should. I will likely hold off on sending out Christmas cards until then as well so we can send them updated with the most current info!

I found out that one of my patient's who follows this blog and is having her own fertility issues is on hold as her financing was denied for doing in vitro - her only option at all - it would be really impossible to get pregnant otherwise. I can't imagine. She is a little younger than I am so I hope that will give her and her husband some time to get the money together to afford the difference between what the insurance will pay and what they can afford. It doesn't seem fair and my thoughts are with her!

More to come in a few weeks with hopefully news of boy or girl! Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Hayden Family Struggle said...

It sounds like you are doing well and things are moving along well. Im so excited for you.
Thank you for thinking of me. We dont have any insurance coverage at all so we will have to save it all. But we will not give up! We want a baby so much and I can not even think that it wont happen. I figure its going to take another 8 months. Doesnt seem like long but as im sure you know its like an eternity away. But its for the better anyway because we wont have the rather large loan payments for years we will be paid off and have more money for the baby or babies.

Im really excited for you though and I cant wait to find out what you are having because I going to get you something... (have to get a baby shopping fix some how) lol

Ally said...

This post made me so happy for you; your excitement is contagious. Roll with the nesting vibe because I swear it will be many a year before you get any serious work done around the house again!

Jasper and Kathy said...

Congratulations. We are so happy for both (all three) of you. How exciting to start your family. Keep us posted on the pictures. Will sign in periodically to see the progress.