Sunday, November 23, 2008

Good Genes Bad Jeans

So we finally got the results back on the hormone testing....
It was a "negative screen". We have less than 1:360 chance of having a Down's Syndrome Baby and less than 1:1200 of other chromosomal abnormalities. This is great news and allows me to relax a little bit and enjoy the beginning of the second trimester as we head into it next week.

The fatigue is starting to let up.
Have only gained a pound or two so far

BUT.....none of my jeans fit me. I still have some work pants that fit higher on my waist so they are okay but that didn't help this AM when I needed to get ready to go see Twilight with some friends. I tried the rubber band trick - not really helpful.
So I purchased my first piece of pregnancy clothing while wearing sweats in the store- a pair of corduroy pants with adjustable side elastic to make the back/side panel tighter. It is really a great thing to feel comfortable in pants again.

Bring on the second trimester. I am ready! Now if squiggly could just start moving rather than just growing at a seemingly snail's pace :-) I will be happy - still another 6 weeks or so for that.......so just keep growing little one, I have plenty of room on these pants to expand with you!

2 comments:

Ally said...

It is such a comfort when they start moving, letting you know periodically they are alive and well. Plus I feel like that's when the mother/child bonding really begins... with those small "hellos" in utero.

Glad to hear your tests came out well.

Alicia said...

Yes, the beginning of the second trimester is the most frustrating for clothing. Nothing fits well enough to look good or be completely comfortable. It's actually a relief by the time you fit into maternity clothes. By the end it will be frustrating again as you will find an outfit that fits perfectly and makes you look great - only to find out that you've outgrown it the next time you put it on!

So glad to hear that all is going well. Grow on, Squiggly!